*Coming This Fall*:
The Tuesday Morning and Wednesday Afternoon groups will combine into one supergroup! The library book club will meet at 10:15 am the third Tuesday of the month. Please check this page for updates.
The dates for the fall meetings will be the following Tuesdays:
September 19: The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff
October 17: The Glass Universe by Dava Sobel
November 21: Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance
December 19: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
Previous meetings and book titles are below:
Tuesday Morning Readers
- This group meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 10:15 am - September-May of each year. Please check back, as this page continues to be updated with upcoming titles.
- The Sisters in Law by Linda R. Hershman - September 20th
- Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - October 18th
- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson - November 15th
- The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks - December 20th
- Total Recall by Sara Paretsky - January 17th
- At the Water's Edge, by Sara Gruen - February 21st
- Relativity, by Antonia Hayes - March 21st
- A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman - April 18th
- Hidden Figures, by Margot Lee Shetterly - May 16th
Wednesday Afternoon Readers
- This group meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 1 pm - September-May of each year. Please check back, as this page continues to be updated with upcoming titles.
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout - September 21st
- The Road to Little Dribbling: Adventures of an American in Britain by Bill Bryson - October 19th
- Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by A. Fuller - November 16th
- Today's Best Maine Fiction, edited by Wesley McNair - December 21st
- Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury - January 18th
- Lost in Translation, by Eva Hoffman - February 15th
- Anna-In-Between, by Elizabeth Nunez - March 15th
- Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson - April 19th
- The Healing of America, by T. R. Reid - May 17th
Books & Buzz: an Evening Book Group sponsored by The Maine Humanities Council
Books & Buzz
at 6:00pm at The Store Ampersand (located at 22 Mill Street).
Fields Pond Audubon Book Group
The group meets at 6:30pm on the following dates:
- September 8, 2016 -- What Animals Think and Feel by Carl Safina.
- October 13, 2016 -- The Maine Woods by Henry David Thoreau.
- November 17, 2016 -- What the Nose Knows: The Science of Scent in Everyday Life by Avery Gilbert.
- February 9, 2017 -- The Double-Crested Cormorant: The Plight of a Feathered Pariah by Linda R. Wires.
- March 9, 2017 -- Apocalyptic Planet: A Field Guide to the Future of the Earth by Craig Childs.
- April 13, 2017 -- The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ackerman.
- May 11, 2017 -- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate-Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben
- June 8, 2017 -- One Wild Bird at a Time: Portraits of Individual Lives by Berndt, Heinrich.